From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for dev-util/cccc
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:09:30
1 foser <foser@g.o> said:
2 > On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 02:54 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > cccc-3.1.4 now in portage
4 >
5 > Why did you add that, without adding metadata ? That is just wrong.
6 >
7 > It is better to remove it if there is no maintainer, you upping it
8 > without adding yourself as maintainer is no form of maintenance. This is
9 > exactly why we get complaints about a stale tree.
10 >
11 > I still say it should be removed in 30 days.
12
13 I agree. There is a lot of stuff that suffers from being unmaintained,
14 and I think we should strive towards cleaning that up. It helps no one
15 if there isn't anyone to claim responsibility for the package when there
16 is a problem.
17
18 Just my 2 cents,
21 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
22 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
23 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
24 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
25 http://www.halcy0n.com