From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
To: sdesseaux <sdesseaux@××××.fr>, gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newbie on the list: how to get involved in the gentoo's development
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:55:39
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 I am working on an installation application designed for the newbie computer
5 or Linux user (or simply someone who may know how to do a "complete" install,
6 but is in a hurry). The installation application itself (InGen) is being
7 written in BASH, currently seperated into 7 steps:
8 1. Setup partitions
9 2. Copy system, unmerging disabled packages live
10 3. Create users
11 4. Copy network configuration
12 5. Copy printer configuration
13 6. Configure time stuff
14 7. Monitor configuration changes
15 The user would be using a frontend written in C++ which uses Qt and writes
16 configuration files for InGen. This installation method is designed to be put
17 on a KDE LiveCD.
18
19 If you're interested, it's in CVS under gentoo/users/luke-jr/ingen/
20