From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: packages.gentoo.org Developer Mode
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:03:59
1 On 6/30/20 1:28 AM, Max Magorsch wrote:
2 > 1. Would you prefer this information to be displayed in packages.g.o
3 > using a 'developer mode' or would you prefer a separate application
4 > similar to the idea of project Grumpy?
5
6 I'd prefer not to scatter tools around anymore. 'Developer' mode sounds
7 better from these two options, but as you already know, I'd prefer
8 showing relevant CI checks for users as well.
12 > 3. What else would you like to see here? For instance, I could think
13 > of a configurable dashboard that shows all pkgcheck warnings, new
14 > versions and open pull requests for packages that a developer
15 > maintains. Would that be useful? What else could you think of?
16
17 I'm happy with what you've come up. Can we change the defaults from
18 pkgcheck though? I don't think these 'UnstableOnly' or 'PotentialStable'
19 benefit anyone since they cause a lot of noise, and checking
20 PotentialStable still requires a lot of maintainer attention.
21
22 I'd like to see them be replaced with 'StableRequestCheck' and
23 'RedundantVersionCheck' which I believe servers majority of maintainers
24 better.
25
26 Then obviously the usual CI checks, AbsoluteSymlink, BannedEapiCommand
27 etc what is shown here:
28
29 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gentoo-ci/output.html
30
31 Showing open pull requests would be a **massive** enhancement to
32 developer mode in my opinion.
33
34 This is the alpha version, right? Looking good so far! Thanks for your work.
35
36 -- juippis