From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] die/QA notice for do* failure?
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:49:12
1 * Arun Raghavan <arunisgod@×××××.com> schrieb:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > We were just discussing if it makes sense to either die or issue a QA
6 > notice if one of the do* functions fail. It turns out that there's
7 > already a bug for this [1]. This potentially applies to all helper
8 > functions that don't currently die on failure.
9
10 I'd like to see it this way: introduce a new FEATURE (eg. "hard-qa"),
11 which causes QA warnings to fail. Then evryone's free to enable it.
12 Maintainers always should run their tests with hard-qa, unless there's
13 are *really* good reason.
14
15 IMHO, this wouldn't harm any users who don't insist in it.
18 cu
19 --
21 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
23 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
24 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
25 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
26 http://patches.metux.de/
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list