From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Pinboard of outdated ports
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:36:53
1 On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 14:12 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
6 > > On Tuesday 24 May 2005 22:44, R Hill wrote:
7 > >
8 > >>I like this. It could probably be done through keywording, and in fact
9 > >>the keywords are already there (ebuild and tested)[1].
10 > >
11 > > TESTED is not something a simple user should ever use.
12 > > That's used by Arch Tester to let developers know they have tried it
13 > > themselves.
14 > > Users *must not* use that keyword.
15 >
16 > Except for all the areas lacking these arch testers...
17
18 The idea behind the program was to extend it to all architectures. I'm
19 sure every architecture has at least one or two users that provide very
20 good feedback and are willing to help, but aren't necessarily able to
21 dedicate the time to being a full-fledged arch developer. An AT
22 basically has elevated privileges in bugzilla, allowing them to make
23 changes to bugs to allow their respective developers to get work done
24 easier and quicker.
25
26 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/tests/index.xml?part=1&chap=1
27
28 This idea really should be extended, as it seems to have had very
29 positive results with the amd64 team.
32 Chris Gianelloni
34 Games - Developer
35 Gentoo Linux