From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Jonathan Fors <etnoy@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS or normal package?
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:00:48
1 On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 04:35:44PM +0200, Jonathan Fors wrote:
2 > Hello
3 > I have begun hacking on the glsa-check script today, and I came up with
4 > serious improvements and hacks that seem useful.
5 > However, before I send a patch, should I base my work on the source
6 > distfile or the CVS? The version of gentoolkit that I have currently
7 > improved upon is gentoolkit-0.2.0_pre8.
8 > Sorry if this question may seem ignorant, but this is the first time I
9 > am ever contributing to a project.
10
11 For the maintainer, it's easiest if you supply a patch against CVS, since that
12 results in the least amount of hassle when applying the patch.
13
14 Sometimes you have to take into account CVS branching, but we don't do that
15 for gentoolkit, so there's not a problem there.
16
17 -- Karl T