From: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <iluxa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keys and words: ways to fail your team
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:33:43
1 Peter Johanson wrote:
2
3 >I know this is intended to be tongue in cheek,
4 >
5 Good.
6
7 > but I have a dev in the
8 >dotnet herd who's really pretty upset right now as a result of such
9 >apparently scathing comments accusing him of being an evil conspirator,
10 >a wrecker, and traitor, when it wasn't even *him* who introduced the
11 >keywords in question, he did a by the book bump moving arch -> ~arch for
12 >all arches listed in keywords.
15 Book in question sort of presumes that ones who change keywords
16 *personally* tested that package in question works. You set keyword,
17 you sign the life of your first-born that it will work. Or at least that's
18 the way it should be.
19
20 >I understand that this is a consistent problem, and that we constantly
21 >have to deal with breakages like this, but please don't send emails
22 >like this with so many accusations without at least talking to the herd
23 >lead, or viewing CVS history first.
26 This *is* a consistent problem. But it shouldn't be. QA. Should. Be. Done.
27
28 >I like dealing with the mess of pissed off and enflamed developers as
29 >much as the arch teams like dealing with bad QA, so next time, please
30 >use at least a *little* subtlty before blowing things up.
33 Grow up people, I didn't even say names. To say more - I'm far more upset
34 about person who introduced keywords.
35
36 >Anyway, I'm glad all the arch teams, who are the one's that never screw
37 >up and save us all, are fixing things.
40 Yeap. What would you do without us. At least I get yelled at only once for
41 technical mistakes I make.
42
43 ></sarcasm>
46 Oh, since we have to indicate jokes/sarcasm now:
47
48 LOPATA.
52 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list