From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: ChangeLog perl-module.eclass
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 13:09:15
1 Dnia 2014-09-23, o godz. 16:52:56
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> napisał(a):
5 > > > Modified: ChangeLog perl-module.eclass
6 > > > Log:
7 > > > Remove support for EAPI 1, 2, 3 in perl-module.eclass (no packages left
8 > > > in the tree)
9 > > This could have used some kind of heads-up. Now I'm getting a lot of
10 > > metadata generation errors due to overlays still using those EAPIs.
11 >
12 > True, this could have been done in more elegant ways, i.e. first an ugly
13 > deprecation warning for some time. (Usually we don't care too much about
14 > overlays. Here, it's g-cpan that concerns me.)
15 >
16 > Would it still make sense to do that?
17 > (i.e. re-allow 123 for a while and add a warning?)
18
19 Yes, that would reduce the amount of breakage e.g. due to sunrise
20 ebuilds using that. Not that I expect people to actually fix the
21 ebuilds but I'd have a little less chatter during cache regen :).
22
23 While at it, please preferably add the warning to phase function so
24 that it wouldn't show up during metadata regen.
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny