From: Stefaan <stefaan@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds creating mountpoints
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 11:32:28
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm having an issue with the openafs-ebuild, and I don't see a
4 solution for the moment. I wondered if someone on the list would:
5
6 Prerequisite:
7 The ebuild needs to create the /afs directory, and remove that same
8 directory when it is uninstalled.
9
10 The obvious solution seems to do "keepdir", so portage would attempt
11 to make the directory and put a .keep file in there. I say attempt,
12 because the following problem will occur during an re-merge or
13 upgrade, while the mountpoint is in use:
14 !!! Cannot write to '/afs'.
15 !!! Please check permissions and directories for broken symlinks.
16 etc.
17 (This is related to bug #9849, if I'm not mistaken)
18
19 The currently implemented solution is to do
20 pkg_prerm()
21 {
22 rmdir /afs 2> /dev/null
23 }
24 pkg_postinst()
25 {
26 mkdir /afs 2> /dev/null
27 }
28 which works fine when remerging an already emerged ebuild. That's
29 because pkg_prerm is ran first, and pkg_postinst afterwards.
30 However, during an upgrade, pkg_prerm of the old version is ran
31 _after_ pkg_postinst of the new version. This results in the
32 directory disappearing, and therefore afs failing to start.
33
34 Any input is greatly appreciated,
35 Thanks,
36 Stefaan