From: Louis-Philippe Brochu <lpbrochu@×××××××××.ca>
To: Abhishek Amit <abhishekamit2000@×××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, Gentoo User <gentoo-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage quibbles
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:45:55
1 On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 10:08, Abhishek Amit wrote:
2 > > IMHO Portage should have a way to upgrade all installed packages. No
3 > > need for dependencies checking (--deep) or world file, Just go through
4 > > the list of all installed packages (that we can get with qpkg) and act
5 > > as if there were part of the world file in the current implementation.
6 > > In fact i think such an option should be the default one
7 > >
8 > > What do you think? Why would someone want to update only packages in the
9 > > world file? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the previous method
10 > > compared to the current --deep option?
11 > >
12 > Try doing emerge `qpkg -I -nc`. This should do what you are looking for.
13
14 What i mean is, why isn't this option the default option when upgrading
15 all packages? I'm sure i'm not the only one that thought, at first, that
16 emerge world was supposed to do that.
19 Louis-Philippe Brochu <lpbrochu@×××××××××.ca>
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list