From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Gentoo infra backups (was: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed addition to the Social Contract)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:48:06
1 On Monday 26 March 2007, bret curtis wrote:
2 > Only wimps use tape backup: *real **men* just upload their important
3 > stuff on *ftp*, and let the rest of the world mirror it. -- LT :1996
4
5 actually, i wonder if this would be useful ... we set up a master backup
6 server where we post raw svn/cvs/etc... stuff and then allow people to setup
7 mirrors of it ...
8
9 > That aside, does Gentoo have a disaster mitigation and recovery plan and
10 > is it published? A cursory glance on google shows none available. I
11 > haven't bothered do my own research, so by all means flame on, but does
12 > the pont of contact for the domain name still alive?
13
14 if it were published, it'd be on the internal dev wiki
15 -mike