From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] first steps in gentoo devolment
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 20:34:03
1 On 2/19/14, 8:05 AM, Roelof Wobben wrote:
2 > Am I right I have to make a local repo to test if it's build.
3
4 Yeah, I suggest just using /usr/local/portage and adding it to
5 PORTDIR_OVERLAY in make.conf.
6
7 > And does ebuild x.ebuild manifest also builds the package or do I have
8 > to use emerge x for that.
9
10 Please see "man 1 ebuild" for explanation what the commands do.
11
12 It's probably good to indeed use emerge for full end-to-end testing.
13
14 > And for testing Is repoman scan enough after looking if the package can
15 > installed of course.
16
17 Feel free to use repoman. IMHO building, installing and using the
18 package is a much more important test, but repoman can point out issues
19 even though the package seems to work.
20
21 > I have looked into the manuals but I cannot find a clear answer.
22
23 Which docs have you checked? Make sure to see <http://devmanual.gentoo.org/>
24
25 Good luck, and glad to hear you're working on contributing to Gentoo.
26
27 Paweł