From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [OT/NIT] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: ChangeLog package.mask
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:00:46
1 On 21 April 2013 23:05, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:53:28 +0800
4 > Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
5 > > >
6 > > > PS: btw, some hunks are weird in your commit, a locale issue ?
7 > > >
8 > >
9 > > No, just a line in my vimrc that removes trailing whitespace.
12 > You should probably disable it or remove trailing whitespaces in a
13 > separate commit though. Having functional changes mixed with
14 > whitespace/cosmetics in a single commit makes it hard to read
15 > and understand.
16 >
17 > [This is really a nitpick, no need to have a debate, it's only a
18 > suggestion ;)]
19 >
20 > Alexis.
23 I don't see the problem. Also, in this case I see only one extra hunk.
24 But once we have proper tools (like git) we can revisit this.
25 I don't think there is currently any guideline in devmanual that
26 recommends not mixing functional changes with cosmetics.
29 Cheers,
30
31 Ben | yngwin
32 Gentoo developer
33 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin