From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Dewet Diener <gentoo@×××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-devel/ld.so missing?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 18:35:07
1 On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 04:36:22PM +0200, Dewet Diener wrote:
2 > I'm running dep-clean through my system to try and find outdated
3 > packages (somehow, I lost my world file, so I have to catch all the
4 > installed packages by hand and re-insert them).
5 >
6 > One of the curious packages that are installed is
7 > sys-devel/ld.so-1.9.11-r2. Not in my portage tree anymore (I've
8 > checked this over a few weeks now, with frequent rsyncs inbetween from
9 > different mirrors), I went to cvs.gentoo.org to try and find out what
10 > happened to it. On the viewcvs interface, it appears that the ebuilds
11 > are still in place (ie, not in the Attic), but they're nowhere to be
12 > seen in the "real-life" portage tree.
13 >
14 > Can someone enlighten me please? :)
17 We're using an option to rsync that excludes a few files including *.so
18 files (to avoid mirroring shared libraries). There was an open bug about
19 this, but I believe it was determined that nothing in the tree depends
20 on ld.so.
21
22 You shouldn't need ld.so installed. It's deprecated.
26 Jon Portnoy
27 avenj/irc.freenode.net
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list