From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some support for Sunrise Overlay :-)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:56:21
1 Thomas Sachau wrote:
2 > I would like to ask all people, who get to users, who want to contribute with ebuilds or similar,
3 > tell them about our sunrise overlay[1][2]. People can learn how to write ebuilds, they can learn how
4 > to write ebuilds with some nice QA, they learn how to manage a SCM (in this case svn) and some may
5 > even enhance to gentoo developers. :-)
6 > As a side effect, we get a nice collection of ebuild, which are easily maintainable even by users
7 > and which are easily accessable by everyone.
8 >
9 > Esp. i would ask those who wrangle bug: If a user contributes an ebuild for an app not already in
10 > portage, tell them about sunrise, so they help out a little bit more, if they are interested. With
11 > that done, something like "sunrise suggested" in Whiteboard would be nice.
12
13 I was told to try sunrise with some of my ebuilds. There's a reason I
14 didn't, and I suspect it's the same other people also don't go to
15 sunrise. There's no good way of contributing an ebuild. There's no
16 bugzilla or website where I can upload the ebuild. All I'm told is to
17 go to IRC. I would as well might have been required to go to McDonald's.