From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:48:08
1 On 21 June 2010 21:23, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
2 [...]
3 > I'm still trying to think of a good name. I understand the concerns
4 > about "introspection" being too generic and non GNOME-y, but "gir" is
5 > likely to cause confusion.
6
7 "gir" is not good because it gives near-zero information.
8
9 I can still not think of short enough USE flag. I propose we stick to
10 "introspection". There isn't anything on the horizon that might
11 overlap with this flag, and I don't see why we should drop using a
12 simpler flag for the *possibility* that it might overlap with
13 something else in the future. We can deal with this if it happens.
14
15 Cheers,
16 --
17 Arun Raghavan
18 http://arunraghavan.net/
19 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)