From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devleopment sources are no longer 'development' - example
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:43:29
1 On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 09:52, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > This is also where the profiles come in. The default profile would mask the
3 > 2.6 series of the kernel so users will not be surprised by such a big update.
4
5 ...and how would you run a machine with both if one were masked by the
6 profile? A user should not be required to change profiles to change
7 kernels.
8
9 How did PPC deal with it? I somehow doubt it was too much trouble.
10
11 What I am trying to say is if we document it well, and everywhere we can
12 think of, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
17 Games - Developer
18 Gentoo Linux
19
20 Is your power animal a penguin?