From: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
To: List/Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC][NEW] Utility to find orphaned files
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:19:22
1 Hello developers developers and developers,
2
3 Ever wondered how much crap is left in your X-years old Gentoo box?
4
5 I just developed a python utility to efficiently find orphaned files in
6 the system. By orphaned files I mean the files that are present on
7 system directories and don't belong to any installed package.
8
9 The package builds a virtual filesystem (cache) on the RAM using python
10 hash tables. Then it uses the cache to find the ownership of files
11 inside user-specified dirs.
12
13 Building the cache takes less than 10 seconds here in a system with 1366
14 installed packages.
15
16 This is not intended to be a finished program yet, I'm looking forward
17 for your constructive commentaries.
18
19 [Attached]
20
21 Regards,
22 --
23 Angelo Arrifano AKA MiKNiX
24 Gentoo Embedded/OMAP850 Developer
25 Linwizard Developer
26 http://www.gentoo.org/~miknix
27 http://miknix.homelinux.com

find-orphaned-0.01.tar.bz2 application/x-bzip