From: Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect 1.0 is out
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:42:05
1 On Friday 10 February 2006 01:01, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Version 1.0 of eselect, the modular configuration framework, is now
3 > out. All changes since 1.0_rc2 have been bugfixes.
4 >
5 > We haven't split out some of the "shipped with eselect but not core
6 > functionality" modules in this release, since I didn't want to break
7 > anything horribly -- that will probably be done for 1.1. However, we're
8 > providing a stable API now, so the "keep modules somewhere where the
9 > eselect people can find them and fix them for you" request is lifted.
10 >
11 > And since so few people seem to know this, despite it being a design
12 > feature that goes back to the very first random prototype hack: you
13 > don't have to run eselect module-name <args>. Many modules install a
14 > module-name-config or an update-module-name or somesuch symlink, and
15 > this is automatically recognised and converted internally.
16 >
17 > [ No, I'm not the guy in charge of eselect. That's Aaron, but he's busy
18 > and I needed eselect-1.0 before I could get GLEP 42 finalised. You
19 > can look forward to eselect 1.0.1 when he returns and finds all the
20 > stuff that I forgot to fix. ]
21
22 Is this a quirk or intentional:
23
24 # eselect kernel show
25 Current kernel symlink:
26 linux-2.6.14.3/
27
28 (notice the trailing slash there)
29
30 I've attached a quick and silly hack to clean it up.
33 Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>
34 Key/Fingerprint at pgp.mit.edu, ID 0x96EA0A93

eselect-kernel-show-trailing-slash.diff text/x-diff