From: John Helmert III <ajak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: virtual/dbus
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 16:36:43
1 On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 04:56:37PM +0100, Marek Szuba wrote:
2 > Dear everyone,
3 >
4 > I wonder if we should create a virtual package to allow our users - or
5 > at least those who run systemd anyway - to choose between sys-apps/dbus
6 > and sys-apps/dbus-broken as D-Bus implementation for their systems. The
7 > usual "Gentoo is about choice" thing aside, there is now at least one,
8 > security-related, problem with the former which can be worked around by
9 > switching to the latter: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/22737
10
11 If you find a security issue, please file a security bug. I'm not
12 really sure what the security impact of this is, though.
13
14 > WDYT?
15 >
16 > PS. Cc'ing maintainers of both packages to see what they might have got
17 > to say about this.
18 >
19 > --
20 > Marecki