From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo calendar for tracking Gentoo events
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:46:10
1 On 03/11/2010 03:53 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > however if it becomes some kind of integral part of Gentoo
3 > (which I doubt it will) we will have to look at switching to something
4 > else (which is easy given the many export formats of Google Calendar
5 > :))
6
7 I think you hit the nail on the head. Right now it isn't really getting
8 used at all, and as you pointed out we can always transition it later.
9
10 Before we build out an uber-calendaring-application maybe we should just
11 let the current calendar get some use, and then we can see how it goes.
12 Plus, our experiences with Google Calendar may come in handy when
13 defining requirements for a pure-FOSS solution.
14
15 Of course, if somebody wants to setup something that is FOSS anyway,
16 nobody is going to stop them.
17
18 Rich