From: "Greer
To: "'gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org'" <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problems with initial gentoo rc5 binary inst all - GRUB
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:15:04
1 k...I will give that a shot. As an aside, can someone verify that
2 cvs.gentoo.org is indeed:
3 216.223.235.2
4
5 Also, Since I have been unable to get the package information
6 downloaded, I am using the burned CD to install apps. However, whenever
7 I emerge them, it automatically assumes that the individual packages are
8 located in their specific directories (say I try to install gnome-1.4 it
9 will error because it cannot find: gnome-base/gnome-applets.
10
11 All the packages on the CD are in one dir "All". Is that error refering
12 that it cannot find the package, or that it cannot find the app?
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 Darren
17
18 -----Original Message-----
19 From: Daniel Robbins [mailto:drobbins@g.o]
20 Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 12:56 PM
21 To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
22 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problems with initial gentoo rc5 binary
23 inst all - GRUB