From: Peter Johanson <latexer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keys and words: ways to fail your team
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:11:54
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:41:37PM -0700, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
2 > Comrades!
3 >
4 > Once more, I come before you with sad tidings. Evil anti-gentoo
5 > conspirators are plotting to destroy our
6 > wonderful distribution. Yet again they tried to subvert quality and
7 > integrity of our distribution by falsely
8 > claiming that certain packages build and run *gasp* stable *gasp* on
9 > platforms said saboteurs apparently
10 > do not even have access to.
11 >
12 > This time many packages in dev-dotnet were marked testing / stable on
13 > all arches, but thanks to the
14 > valiant struggles of our tireless arch teams, at least SPARC and MIPS
15 > have now been rescued from the
16 > iniquity of the apostate traitors on the x86 monoarchist payroll. Other
17 > arches have also been warned, and
18 > hopefully will be in time to save themselves, or at least recover the
19 > damages in timely manner.
20 >
21 > Comrades!
22 >
23 > For how long will we tolerate these wreckers among us? How much more
24 > patience shall we show?
25 > It is about time to stop such behavior once and for all! Let us join
26 > against the forces of evil and deal
27 > it a crushing defeat!
28 >
29 > Death to vermin!
30
31 I know this is intended to be tongue in cheek, but I have a dev in the
32 dotnet herd who's really pretty upset right now as a result of such
33 apparently scathing comments accusing him of being an evil conspirator,
34 a wrecker, and traitor, when it wasn't even *him* who introduced the
35 keywords in question, he did a by the book bump moving arch -> ~arch for
36 all arches listed in keywords.
37
38 I understand that this is a consistent problem, and that we constantly
39 have to deal with breakages like this, but please don't send emails
40 like this with so many accusations without at least talking to the herd
41 lead, or viewing CVS history first.
42
43 I like dealing with the mess of pissed off and enflamed developers as
44 much as the arch teams like dealing with bad QA, so next time, please
45 use at least a *little* subtlty before blowing things up.
46
47 Anyway, I'm glad all the arch teams, who are the one's that never screw
48 up and save us all, are fixing things.
49
50 </sarcasm>
51
52 -pete