From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge issue when package does not unmerge correctly
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 07:55:43
1 Hi all,
2
3 Sometimes an old ebuild cannot be unmerged. This happened to me with the
4 recent eclass changes - the old inheriting ebuilds already installed no
5 longer worked. (I have since provided backward compatibility.)
6
7 This creates a problem: when an older ebuild of the same revision is
8 automatically unmerged, if unmerging fails, the old CONTENTS stays in
9 /var/db/pkg, but the new files have already been merged into the live
10 filesystem. So you are left with a CONTENTS not corresponding to the files
11 actually installed (since they all have at least different mtimes).
12
13 I think the correct thing here would be to overwrite the old /var/db/pkg
14 record with the new one in any case, to ensure that it matches the installed
15 files.
19 Dan Armak
20 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
21 Matan, Israel