From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Need help with Bug 7887 - aux_get() errors
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:37:08
1 Hey all,
2
3 I have a bug in my queue that I can't figure out, was hoping someone might be able to help me. It's bug 7887 on bugz, and I've seen this before (experienced it in fact) with a line in an ebuild that portage couldn't understand (needed an even newer version of portage at the time). When the user does an emerge -pu world, he recieves:
4
5 Calculating world dependencies |portage: aux_get(): error processing DEPEND for
6 dev-perl/MIME-Base64-2.12-r1; exiting.
7
8 This bug came to me because I am the default perl guy, but I've been through both the MIME-Base64 ebuild and the half dozen or so that depend on it directly and come up empty handed. Can anyone out there lend their expertise? I don't want to blame portage, that's too easy, but I can't make heads or tails of where the error is occurrying, can't duplicate, and the user's attached strace doesn't reveal anything (to me, who is very non-conversant in strace's). Thanks!
9
10 Michael