From: "Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh" <iluxa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Commitfests
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:47:39
1 So, are you proposing to encourage people to do commits for
2 the sake of commits? Make people do revbumps/keywording
3 just to get their commits in, without doing proper testing?
4 Or to hold on number of commits till commitfest?
5
6 It's not the commits that should be encouraged - it's the
7 bug fixing, and GWN section on bugzilla stats is pretty good.
8 We can have a separate hall of fame for that, if needed too, and
9 in large pink letters, on pink pony background on gentoo.org
10 front page.
11
12 Mike Doty wrote:
13 > Just a random thought that popped into my head:
14 >
15 > We could have a commit fest where everyone who wants to compete kicks in
16 > some small amount of money(say $5) maybe the foundation kicks in a
17 > little something too. Then the person with the highest amount of
18 > commits at the end of some time period(say 8 hours) gets the money, or
19 > perhaps it's split 75%/25% between the top 2.
20 >
21 > I think this is a fun way to build some team spirit.
22 >
23 > Thoughts?
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list