From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metastructure/organizational idea
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:54:45
1 On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 22:38 -0600, Brian Jackson wrote:
2 > I think we should institute a monthly survivor-esque vote to get rid of
3 > developers that are useless. I think this would help much more than
4 > needlessly reorganizing management once again.
5 Very interesting.
6 What would be your reaction if, by some weird coincidence, you'd be the
7 first one kicked off? How exactly will this help us to cooperate?
8
9 > Once we vote off all the useless people that just seem to complain about
10 > management, we can all live happily ever after.
11 Why not get rid of _the managment_ if everyone complains about them?
12 Or, as an improvement, let's roll dice every month, add the numbers and
13 kick dev #n. That should help a lot ...
14
15 > I AM DEAD SERIOUS. Do I need to fill out a GLEP or something. I really
16 > think this needs to be done.
17 I think you should reconsider the full range of problems this might
18 cause. If you wish to get Gentoo forked really badly, this is one of the
19 best ways to do it.
20
21 Patrick