From: Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 03:29:51
1 Mike Bonar wrote:
2 > Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
3 >> Hiya all,
4 >> As some of you are already aware, I was at the last Council meeting
5 >> given a Task. This Task was to draft a proposed Code of Conduct for
6 >> Gentoo, and a scheme for enforcing it. The current version of this
7 >> proposal can be found at http://dev.gentoo.org/~christel/coc.xml
8 >> comments and suggestions both on- and off-list are appreciated.
9 >>
10 >> Any input will have to be received by Thursday, 15 March, 1200GMT in
11 >> order to be useful; the Council will be voting on it later that day at
12 >> 2100UTC.
13 >>
14 >> I would like to thank a few people for their help in getting it to this
15 >> stage: the council for review, spb for translating Christelsk into
16 >> English (with the help of the OED), nightmorph for making it look
17 >> prettier than plain text in vim (without a fancy colourscheme), and
18 >> marienz for being sane and reading it over.
19 >> I'd also like to thank our Infrastructure team for working with us and
20 >> answering questions regarding the mechanics of enforcing such a code.
21 >>
22 >> Christelx
25 > Does "flaming and trolling" need some kind of definition? Or is it
26 > generally understood?
27 >
28 > Does the role of the "proctor" need explaining? How is it defined?
29 > Where does the authority come from? etc?
30 >
31 > Mike
32 The council vote.
36 Mike Doty kingtaco -at- gentoo.org
37 Gentoo/AMD64 Strategic Lead
38 Gentoo Council
39 Gentoo Developer Relations
40 Gentoo Infrastructure
41 GPG: E1A5 1C9C 93FE F430 C1D6 F2AF 806B A2E4 19F4 AE05
43 --
44 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list