From: Eugenia Loli-Queru <eloli@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GDB/Gnome
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 04:18:33
1 By re-emerging the ncurses libs, I got GDB to compile. Now Gnome was built
2 fine, but it does not run fine.
3 Except the default configuration that it is different than when you are
4 compiling it from source, I have errors.
5 I do not get a windows list panel on the bottom of the screen, in fact I get
6 an error message when Gnome starts, and each time Nautilus starts, I get the
7 History and Sidebar failing!! Loading other Gnome 2 applications, also have
8 problems. Opening the System Monitor, its detailed log said that I do not
9 have permissions on /etc/gconf/blahblah... I think that this Gconf is what
10 creates all these problems...
11
12 Also, I saw that you have changed some default stuff, and I was not so happy
13 having a pink text view on GEdit :P, not having icons at all on my menus,
14 while I do not get the "home" icon on the desktop, but rather the "uknown
15 file" generic icon with the foot. The Gnome terminal starts with no menus by
16 default.
17 I compiled Gnome 2.0 the other day on my Mandrake and it did not have these
18 problems... It had other ones... ;-)
19
20 Thanks,
21 Eugenia