From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Clarify log message?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:34:31
1 I've seen this pop up a lot recently:
2
3 * One or more symlinks to directories have been preserved in order to
4 * ensure that files installed via these symlinks remain accessible. This
5 * indicates that the mentioned symlink(s) may be obsolete remnants of an
6 * old install, and it may be appropriate to replace a given symlink with
7 * the directory that it points to.
8 *
9 * /var/run
10 *
11
12 This might just be me being dense, but this doesn't seem very
13 actionable to me. Who should replace the given symlink with the
14 directory that it points to, the user or the package maintainer? And
15 where should it be replaced? In ebuild code?
16
17 Cheers,
18
19 Dirkjan