From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Disabling some of our Mail Lists
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 02:52:58
1 Hello,
2 As suggested in bug 291860, I am heading up an infra cleanup project to
3 disable/close some mailing lists. Since the list is quite large, I want
4 to send it out for RFC. A few of the important reasons to disable some
5 of our mail lists are:
6
7 * Confusing to users because there are so many lists that aren't being
8 used. How should you know which one is active without more research?
9 * More lists means more managing, more spam attempts and infra overhead.
10
11 I want to emphasize that the lists will be closed for new posts but the
12 archives will remain available. Disabled lists can be re-enabled by
13 filing an infra-bugs request. My suggestions to disable are as follows:
14
15 gentoo-doc-lt
16 Reason: Only 1 post, late 2008
17
18 gentoo-extreme-security
19 Reason: Never was a real project, 1 post.
20
21 gentoo-doc-id
22 Reason: Only posts have been 2 spam messages.
23
24 gentoo-forum-translations
25 Reason: 2 posts, 2007.
26
27 gentoo-translators
28 Reason: 3 posts, all spam. 2008
29
30 gentoo-arm
31 Reason: 4 posts total, last 2006. ACKd with team.
32
33 gentoo-gwn-fr
34 Reason: GWN is not active.
35
36 gentoo-gwn-pl
37 Reason: GWN is not active.
38
39 gentoo-dev-lang
40 Reason: 7 posts total, last 2007
41
42 gentoo-ia64
43 Reason: Not active. last 2006
44
45 tenshi-announce
46 Reason: Not used, current release is .11, last used for .4 2006
47
48 gentoo-scire
49 Reason: Dead, last 2008
50
51 tenshi-user
52 Reason: Not used, last 2006
53
54 gentoo-media
55 Reason: Besides spam, last used 2006
56
57 gentoo-proctors
58 Reason: Not used since 2007. 14 message total. ACKd with team.
59
60 gentoo-gwn-nl
61 Reason: GWN is not alive.
62
63 gentoo-doc-hu
64 Reason: Last project commit: 3 years ago, last ML 2007
65
66 gentoo-user-kr
67 Reason: Rarely used, last late 2009 with no reply
68
69 gentoo-doc-nl
70 Reason: last 2007
71
72 gentoo-gnustep
73 Reason: Keep but questionable. Probably be closed during next cleanup
74
75 gentoo-xbox
76 Reason: Dead project
77
78 gentoo-cygwin
79 Reason: Dead Project, last 2008
80
81 gentoo-gwn-de
82 Reason: GWN is not alive.
83
84 gnap-dev
85 Reason: Dead Project, some life recent but..?
86
87 www-redesign
88 Reason: Dead Project
89