From: Peter Weller <welp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Are you guys for real?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:59:54
1 On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:17:37 -0500
2 "Jayson Vaughn" <thedonvaughn@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Ok,
5 > Gentoo is over. As an outsider who has been following gentoo-dev and
6 > other gentoo lists for a while, this is just completely nuts.
7 > Is there any order or clear idea anymore for this distro? No other
8 > distro seems to be as lost or confused as Gentoo is. And WTF is this
9 > list going to discuss development? Do you guys develop ANYTHING? Or
10 > Do you just bitch all day? Good bye Gentoo, when you grow up and
11 > know what your goals are etc I'll be back. Love the distro, but
12 > Jesus the politics and the bitching gets out.
13 >
14 > Just an observation from the outside.
15
16 If you watch cia.vc, you would see that Gentoo is more often than not
17 *the* most active project, surely this must be a sign of at least a
18 *little* bit of activity? Just 'cos a small minority of us love the
19 occasional flamewar here and there doesn't mean that the other >80% or
20 so developers suddenly lay down and die... silly.
21
22 Oh, also, some of us can bitch and develop at once. Y'know. We have
23 like 8 arms. And we control like 4 computers at once *nod*. Kinda like
24 this dude here:
25 http://www.watauga.k12.nc.us/hp/images/octopus_working_on_pc_hg_clr.gif
26 But with more computers. Yar.
27
28 Now, please stop all your flamebaiting, bitching, etc, etc. Thanks. :)
29
30 welp