From: Paul <set@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge is forcing an mta on me
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 20:47:57
1 Hi;
2
3 emerge rsync, and emerge -pu world.
4 It wants to install a newer version of postfix. I have
5 my current version of postfix pegged in /var/cache/edb/world
6 '=net-mail/postfix-1.1.11-r2'
7 Next, I remove that line entirely, and it still wants
8 to upgrade postfix. Next I removed the 'virtual/mta net-mail/postfix'
9 from /var/cache/edb/virtuals. Now it wants to feed me ssmtp ...
10 Where is this dependancy coming from? Why didnt my
11 entry in world stop the initial upgrade attempt? Is this
12 a bug, or something I have to deal with in a different way?
13 (Sure I can so other things, like inject a newer postfix, but
14 thats ugly.) [and no, I really, really dont want to upgrade
15 my postfix-- it works, Ive had flakey problems with all attempts
16 to upgrade it in the past.]
17 Thanks for any help;
18
19 Paul