From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jbms@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package USE documentation (from gentoo-doc)
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:30:37
1 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On 12/08/03 Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
4 >> Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >> [snip]
7 >>
8 >> > I must admit, I've thought the same things as well. Is this
9 >> > something that anybody else worries about too? That the USE flags
10 >> > are too general or at least not well enough defined.
11 >>
12 >> Yes, I certainly think we need per-package USE flags also.
13
14 > Are you talking about bug 13616 or something different (I'm not on
15 > -doc)
16
17 Neither am I.
18
19 >> > Hmmm, just looking through use.desc I couldn't really see any many
20 >> > other flags that immediately sprang to mind as being as bad as the
21 >> > "java" one. "mysql" is definately another candidate.
22 >>
23 >> How about "dedicated"?
24
25 > A bit more context might be helpful here.
26
27 Refer to the other reply I posted.
30 Jeremy Maitin-Shepard
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list