From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SpanKY's Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2007
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:23:56
1 On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 16:48 -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > patrick (nope)
4
5 I'm the alternative. Vote well or you'll have to live with me :-)
6 I hope that this motivates _everyone_ to vote ...
7
8 On a more serious note, I hope this mailinglist doesn't degenerate into
9 a political campaign. To paraphrase Chris (wolf31o2), "Let developers do
10 what they can do best ... develop". If anyone has an agenda, a plan,
11 some good ideas - please speak of them, but please don't start a huge
12 flamewar that doesn't change a thing. People have had a long time to
13 form their opinions and won't be swayed easily. Especially not with
14 logic ;-)
15
16 If you are crazy enough to vote for me (I've been told that such people
17 do exist) you should be aware of the consequences. Well ... I'm an
18 opinionated person. Some say biased and uncompromising, but I don't like
19 those pretentious wank^Wpersons. I'm usually me, most of the time a
20 perfectionist, so I usually stay away from anything I might break. As a
21 consequence I don't maintain any ebuilds for now - I never found the
22 time to really give them the care they need. Then again I've been called
23 lazy :-)
24
25 With this I end my speech, I thank the audience for their patience and
26 hope noone got bored with my meandering and neverending deluge of
27 words.
28
29 Sleep well and don't forget to vote if you can! Your vote is important!
30
31 Patrick
32 --
33 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move