From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise thread -- a try of clarification
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:23:48
1 Markus Ullmann wrote:
2
3 > 6) problems on infra hardware
4 >
5 > Well Lance arised that, so if infra has that big concerns about this
6 > project (I personally see no hard reason for it, but let the infra guys
7 > handle it how they want), then feel free to drop me a note and we host
8 > it elsewhere. I really see a great chance for contributors here as they
9 > can improve themselves here and if they contribute good quality, even
10 > commit themselves and learn how to handle maintainership. You all know
11 > we also have some people out there that would like to maintain just one
12 > or two packages. Now we call it proxy maintainership but why not giving
13 > them commit access to sunrise then? They can maintain it here without
14 > the whole workload as dev, but maybe they get encouraged by doing so and
15 > then become a dev later. Lots of options are possible here.
16
17 Thanks for the clarification.
18
19 To clarify my point, I'm all for helping our distro, but I just don't
20 want this project to be labeled as a more official BMG. If you suit the
21 needs of what the devs think is the right way to do this, then I'm all
22 for it. I just noticed several mails from the project that seemed to be
23 ignoring the issues at hand and I wasn't going to support the project on
24 infra if they continued to be like that.
25
26 Thanks for answering most of those questions. I'll let the developer
27 community decide if they like them or not :-).
30 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
31 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
32
33 ---
34 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
35 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
36
37 ramereth/irc.freenode.net