From: Greg Corcoran <gregc@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proper Gentoo Name (was License criteria for Gentoo)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:38:55
1 Distrowatch has gone through great effort to catalog all distributions
2 that use Linux kernel technology. Distrowatch has clearly spent special
3 attention to documenting the names so they are clearly aware of the
4 naming issue:
5
6 Some of the distros that dropped the Linux moniker:
7
8 Lycoris Desktop/LX
9 Sorcerer
10 LindowsOS
11 Xandros Desktop OS
12 CRUX
13 Turbolinux
14 SmoothWall GPL
15 LinEx
16 Ayrsoft eBoxit
17 IPCop Firewall
18 ClarkConnect Broadband Gateway
21 Some of the distros that went with GNU/Linux:
22
23 Debian GNU/Linux
24 Source Mage GNU/Linux
25 Linuxin GNU/Linux
26
27 I guess in the end I don't really care what we call it. Since its easier
28 to do nothing my guess is that it will stay as Gentoo Linux unless one
29 of the senior developers wants more flexibility with the name.
30
31 Well here's two more names I thought of:
32
33 Gentoo XP
34 Stallman's Gentoo
35 ;-)