From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] New RESTRICT=live value for identification of live ebuilds?
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 08:41:22
1 "Nirbheek Chauhan" <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com> posted
2 8b4c83ad0808021707m52858ddfrd503a419ea8e2ee1@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Sun, 03 Aug 2008 05:37:10 +0530:
4
5 > How about we just skip the reversed-boolean-usage/it's-a-long-name
6 > confusion/argument and just call it RESTRICT=tarballs ?
7 >
8 > I know not all distfiles are tarballs, but it gets the message across
9 > far better than "constant-sources" IMO :o)
10
11 +1
12
13 The simplicity of "live" with the negative connotation of restrict, seems
14 to kill both those issues with a single stone. =8^)
15
16 RESTRICT=tarballs works for me!
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman