From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming LyX ebuild - design questions
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:24:22
1 Dan Armak <ermak@×××××××××××××.il> writes:
2
3 > An idea: building a lyx-base ebuild which only depends on x11/gtk
4 > and a lyx ebuild which does nothing but depends on lyx-bsae, tetex
5 > and everything else. Maybe with another in-between stage (i.e. a
6 > lyx-utils ebuild).
7
8 this is generally what I prefer. something like "lyx" does
9 everything, if you want specifics, then you do "lyx-base",
10 "lyx-viewers", "lyx-output", "lyx-util-<foo>", lyx-util-<bar>" etc.
11 is there any easy way of making a ebuild depend on "lyx-*"? :-)
12
13 > What do you think?
14
15 I think you're doing a great job tossing ebuilds at us. ,-)
16
17 > Another issue: whould Lyx go into app-text (as a latex frontend) or into
18 > app-office (as a word processor)?
19
20 gaaah. app-office IMHO. it has enough WYSIWYG-ideas for it to be
21 classifiable as a word processor.
22
23 > And finally: does anybody here except myself use LyX? Because I
24 > can't understand how such a great distro cold live so long without
25 > this all-important package. :-)
26
27 emacs, tex-mode, latex. I've never had the use for LyX. ;-)
30 Terje