From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: why? pciutils with zlib use-flag went stable on x86
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 01:43:17
1 On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 08:23 -0400, James Cloos wrote:
2 > There are many more ebuilds than just hal which fail with a compressed
3 > pci.ids file. And many of them are non-obvious. It took me more than
4 > I little bit of effort after the zlib USE flag was first added to the
5 > pciutils ebuild to figure out why so many packages where failing...
6
7 This might have been the case way back then, but we've been cleaning up
8 any ebuilds since. I know that there is nothing that we've been made
9 aware of anymore that *doesn't* work with a compressed pci.ids file,
10 since most use the library and simply required linking with zlib to
11 build/link.
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
16 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
17 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
18 Gentoo Foundation