From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for advanced useflag-syntax
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:03:50
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > Maybe there could be an extra file, ie. package.use.alias
3 >
4 > foo/bar gui=gtk
5 > blah/blubb gui=qt2
6 > ...
7 >
8 > I'm not sure if this alias handling should be done by emerge,
9 > or better by some frontend (I learned that explicit downgrade
10 > warnings should be done by an frontend, so why should useflag
11 > aliasing shouldn't ?). But I'm sure these information should
12 > not go directly to the ebuilds.
13
14 Look, you really didn't invent anything new (refer fex. to GLEP-29)
15
16 - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0029.html
17 - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109802333600005&r=1&w=2
18
19 Unless you have some reference implementation that doesn't suck and does
20 address all the concerns why this has been withdrawn, there's no point
21 in continuing this discussion and flooding the mailing list. If you read
22 on the above, it turned out that instead of simplification things can
23 become a lot more complicated and confusing instead.
27 Best regards,
28
29 Jakub Moc
30 mailto:jakub@g.o
31 GPG signature:
32 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
33 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
34
35 ... still no signature ;)