From: Johannes Findeisen <you@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] packaging
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:21:10
1 On Thursday 18 July 2002 15:10, Yannick Koehler wrote:
2 > I think I've read someplace that one could emerge a package, have it
3 > compile and then tar.gz the results so that next time there's no need to
4 > re-compile. For example that is used I believe when installing 2 similar
5 > system.
6 >
7 > I'd like to know the command to do that, let's say I want to emerge mozilla
8 > over another PC using the same USE and compiler flags but without
9 > re-compiling. What would be the steps?
10
11 hello yannick,
12
13 do:
14
15 #emerge -p --buildpkg <packagename>
16
17 you could also do:
18
19 #emerge -pu --buildpkg world
20
21 the all packages that should be updated will be build as a binary package. to
22 install allready compiled packages do this:
23
24 #emerge -p --usepkg <packackename>
25
26 or
27
28 #emerge -pu --usepkg world
29
30 it is not making a tar.gz file but it will a tbz2 file. you can find these
31 packages in your ${PKGDIR}/All directory. as default it is
32 /usr/portage/packages
33
34 hope this is your answer. (for more info look at #man emerge)
35
36 regards
37 hanez... ;-)