From: Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, carlo@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: shoving utils from xpdf to poppler...
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:39:37
1 On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 14:08:18 +0100, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 28 December 2005 17:32, you wrote:
4 > > It's not supposed to break runtime dependencies.  Everything that was
5 > > installed before is installed now, in the same location.
6 >
7 > But installed by another package. Of course it breaks dependencies when you
8 > depend on xpdf, because you expect it installs pdfinfo, but not that poppler
9 > does. It's not that both xpdf and pooppler are installed on every system.
10
11 I don't see why. xpdf is a popular application and I use it everyday for
12 its lightweight and its speed, but that means I can't use, e.g. evince,
13 which is a nice replacement of ggv, and I also like to have many pdf
14 viewers, in case a document is not rendered well with one (and that
15 happens really often).
16
17 After my last sync, I have this new block between evince and xpdf, which
18 is a problem at least to me.
19
20 Isn't there any way to make xpdf and poppler live together on the same
21 system?
22
23 Alexandre
24 --