From: "Benedikt Böhm" <hollow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Add USE_EXPAND for apache
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:57:16
1 Hi all,
2
3 the current behaviour of the apache ebuild -- chosing built-in modules based
4 on /etc/apache2/apache-builtin-mods -- is very aweful, especially for binary
5 packages.
6
7 Therefore, i would like to add APACHE2_MODULES and APACHE2_MPMS to USE_EXPAND.
8 I have already converted the ebuild in my local overlay and it works fine.
9
10 Currently, there are over 60 modules available in apache. Out of these, a good
11 default would look like this IMO:
12
13 APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_alias authn_anon
14 authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile
15 authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate
16 dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info
17 log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif
18 speling status unique_id userdir usertrack version vhost_alias"
19
20 If noone objects, I will make these changes to base/make.defaults and commit
21 the new ebuild during the next week.
22
23 Regards,
24 Benedikt