From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Dev-only Wiki for eclasses/portage
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:11:57
1 On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 01:25:44AM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
2 > Hi gentoo-Devs!
3 >
4 > Im writing a few ebuilds and am trying to do it right - using
5 > eclass funtions and stuff. Since this is java stuff not using
6 > make it is not the standard "./configure;make;make install".
7 > This is when the following idea creeped into my mind:
8 >
9 > This a RFC:
10 > What do you think about a public wiki, writeable by devs, where
11 > eclasses can be documented in a quick-and-dirty way?
12 > Additionally information on best practices can be made available
13 > in the wiki too.
16 I think a dev-only wiki would be extremely useful. For consolidation
17 purposes, people on the documentation team or devs with spare time could
18 guidexmlify the most important pieces of documentation produced.
21 Jon Portnoy
22 avenj/irc.freenode.net
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list