From: Benj <ben@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] masked packages in system ..
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:53:27
1 Correct...
2
3 Although I must have screwed something up - I removed the ~mips from KEYWORDS,
4 and the ebuild installs fine. So somethint certainly aint right, but I
5 withdraw the implication that it's your fault ;o)
6
7 Since I've already exposed by cluenessness, can I ask a dumb question? It
8 would be nice to install 5.8 but not make it default. ie specify
9 #!/usr/bin/perl5.8 for playing around with the newer version, but to keep
10 trusty 5.6.1 until I'm happy I'm not going to break anything. Maybe via a
11 USE flag at emerge or summat. Of course this paranoia is perhaps strange
12 seeing as my workstation seems to think it's a MIPS, but I would still like
13 that feature... <g>
14
15 /ben
16