From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] NEWS item for games destabling
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 14:46:17
1 NEWS item for de-stabled games
2
3 Title: No stable KEYWORDS for Gentoo Games
4 Author: David Seifert < soap@g.o >
5 Content-Type: text/plain
6 Posted: 2017-11-19
7 Revision: 1
8 News-Item-Format: 1.0
9 Display-If-K eyword: amd64 x86
10
11 As the Games team does not have enough manpower to keep tabs on all
12 games packages, we have dropped all games-* ebuilds to unstable
13 KEYWORDS (modulo those required by stable non-games packages). If
14 you have any of these stable games packages installed, you will have
15 to add them to /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/ manually.
16 Failures related to missing stable KEYWORDS will show up like
17
18 The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
19 (see "package.accept_keywords" in the portage(5) man page for
20 more details)
21 # required by @selected
22 # required by @world (argument)
23 =games-action/0verkill-0.16-r4 ~amd64
24
25 While we accept that this will cause some irritation for the
26 community,
27 pretending we have a well supported games collection by having a
28 wealth
29 of stable games packages is misleading at best. By having 99% of
30 games
31 be unstable, we convey the expectation users should have - namely
32 that
33 games in Gentoo are not part of crucial Tier 1 packages.
34
35 We welcome contributions from outsiders willing to polish up the
36 games
37 landscape in Gentoo.