From: Chris Smith <chris.rs@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Source code visualization tools?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:06:51
1 On Monday 29 March 2004 03:33, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
2 > Is there such a thing as a source code visualization tool that makes a
3 > "map" of a program's source?
4 >
5 > I'm basically looking for something that will help me "see" how a
6 > program is laid out so that I can start working on it.
7
8 Hello,
9
10 Perhaps you should take a look at umbrello in KDE's SDK (emerge kdesdk). It is
11 a UML modelling tool and although I dont think it has callgraph support
12 directly, it does let you model things like classes/objects and their
13 relationships. It's a damn sight better than Rational Rose and you only make
14 it as complicated as it needs to be.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Chris.