From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 01:07:49
1 On 24 May 2016 at 11:19, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <gentoo@×××.name> wrote:
2 >
3 > As a father of 3 kids, I'd say: if you'll teach while feeding, he would say
4 > "yes, I understand", but will not really study anything, and would *claim* you
5 > to feed him again next time...
8 Sure, that is a risk, but its kinda different with kids.
9
10 A smart person knows the benefit of knowing how to do a thing themselves.
11
12 If they ignore your teaching, and they don't learn the first time,
13 then its on them the second.
14
15 Sure, when "Teaching only" you have the advantage that they need to
16 participate in order to get their fish.
17
18 But a manipulative lazy learner could exploit the learning exercise to
19 get a fish, and then not actually learn anything, and still come back
20 to you the next time. ;)
21
22 Its a matter of knowing when you're being played, and then giving
23 restrictions in response to that.
26 Instead of .... assuming everyone to be lazy / uncaring / manipulative
27 before they've even had a chance.
28
29 And there's no way anybody can be commanded to provide this service,
30 its volunteer effort after all.
31
32 Just like there's no requirement anybody respond and teach them.
33
34 ( And some people you can waste a lot of time on, trying to show them
35 the way, and they will still disappoint you, and some will promptly
36 forget after they get it right the first time, and require
37 re-educating a second .... while others, they require doing the thing
38 themselves at least once in order to learn )
41 Kent
42
43 KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL