From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] tools-portage herd status
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:09:20
1 All:
2
3 The tool-portage herd is currently understaffed and as such is not
4 making updates in a timely fashion. Currently the herd consists of
5 zmedico and myself. While Zac has done a good job where he can, he has
6 a full time job with maintaining and updating portage. In my case, my
7 real life job has me working 60 - 80 hour work weeks which severely
8 limits the time I have to work on Gentoo. We are in the process of
9 recruiting another member of the herd, however, he has a full time job
10 as well which also limits the amount of time he has available for
11 Gentoo.
12
13 Because of this, I am publicly announcing that any Gentoo developer who
14 wants to touch stuff belonging to the tools-portage herd is welcome to
15 do so. The only requirement is if you accidentally break it, please fix
16 it as well.
17
18 The gentoolkit repository is in Subversion and can be checked out by a
19 developer with the following:
20
21 svn co svn+ssh://${USER}@svn.gentoo.org/var/svnroot/gentoolkit
22
23 If any developer has questions, I can always be reached by email. I am
24 on IRC when I can, but that time is limited by work.
25
26 Regards,
27 Paul